Rawai is the most dynamic area in southern Phuket. It boasts numerous dazzling beaches, many renowned viewpoints, and a vibrant beachfront The Rawai area has a highly developed infrastructure that includes a large number of restaurants and cafés, as well as massage parlors, sport clubs, kindergartens and schools, and both small and large shops and supermarkets.
The southern part of Rawai borders the sea at Chalong. The main road, Wiset, begins on the Chalong Circle, leads to the Rawai pier and then continues towards the Promthep Cape, the southern viewpoint of the island. The western coast of Rawai is blessed with many dazzlingly beautiful beaches. The eastern coast is less than ideal for swimming because of the strong tides, but there is a wonderful “hidden pearl,” Laem Ka beach, which features calm water all year round.
In the Northwest, Rawai borders with Kata-Karon district. Kata Noi, Kata, and Karon Beaches are 5-10 km away. The road running from Rawai to Kata itself is a major tourist attraction. It runs through the mountains located along the coast and boasts picturesque scenery including rich flora with vivid hues of green. It’s worth noting that the road is of the highest quality. It has perfectly smooth asphalt and all the dangerous areas are protected by barriers and road signs, so travel is very comfortable. The area also offers activities including trekking with elephants (which are always visible from the road), extreme rope jungle treks, quad biking trips, and even a shooting range. There are also a couple of restaurants and bars located seemingly on the edge of the earth. This incredible road is well worth a few days’ travel.
- Supermarkets: Three large chains including Makro, Tesco Lotus and Super Cheap.
- Small shops: 7-eleven and Family Mart, are open 24/7.
- Phuket International Kindergarten and School.
- KBA Kiteboarding School.
- Rawai Language School.
- Massage parlors, saunas and beauty salons.
- Restaurants featuring many different types of cuisine.
- Gyms and Muay Thai.
- Car and motorbike rental services.
- Authentic local markets selling clothes and souvenirs, fruits and vegetables, and seafood.
- Travel agents and real estate agents
- Banks and currency exchange offices. Taxi services.
- Rawai Pier is a hub for watersports, excursions and day trips to nearby islands.
- 317 hotels and villas for expats and holidaymakers.
Rawai Beach – A quiet bay, Rawai Beach features a pier, superb views, and a beachfront with restaurants, cafes, massage parlors, a seafood market, pearl and souvenir markets.
- Yanui Beach – This small, sheltered beach on the west side is an excellent snorkeling location. It features coral reefs, cafés and small resorts.
- Nai Harn Beach – The most popular and largest beach in the south of Phuket, Nai Harn Beach features a park around the lake, the temple of Nai Harn, and a children’s playground.
- Ao Sane Beach – This rocky beach is renowned among divers and
- Friendship Beach – Located on the eastern coast, Friendship Beach has kite schools, horseback riding and hotels.
- Laem Ka Beach – This is a small, quiet and beautiful beach.
Check distance to beaches here.
- Cape Promthep – This viewpoint is world renowned. It is the most photographed and most visited part of the island. Sunsets here are truly spectacular.
- Big Buddha – One of Phuket’s best known tourist attractions. This 45-meter high statue of Buddha is located at one of the highest points of the island.
- Karon and Nai Harn viewpoints – overlooking the main beaches of the island, these points of interest offer stunning scenic views.
- Chalong Temple – the largest and most revered temple complex in Phuket. It houses many beautiful religious paintings and a splinter of bone from Buddha.
- Shell World Museum: This museum features a wide assortment of beautiful sea shells.
- Love Rawai Cafe – our brand new restaurant located at the Rawai VIP Villas offers thai and international cuisine, kids menu, soft drinks and beverages. Guest of our resort enjoy breakfast buffet and in-room service.
- Chocolate Bar and Restaurant – A superb selection of breakfast, seafood, fruit juices and shakes with a fantastic view. Friendly staff and affordable prices.
- Moo’s Restaurant – the premier Thai restaurant in Rawai. It can be packed, but the food is fantastic.
- Salaloy Restaurant – fantastic views and delicious authentic Thai food in the shadow of tall trees.
- Nikita’s Restaurant – a wide range of dishes encompassing Thai and international cuisine, served under a huge tree with magnificent views.
- Mando’s Steakhouse – Superlative food, an excellent wine list and quality cocktails in a gorgeous waterfront location.
More about Rawai Kids Park