Family Activities in Phuket for Any Weather
If you found yourself in Phuket and have a strong wish to go somewhere else besides a beach, the list of family activities in Phuket for any weather will help you with that.
1. Set off for an adventure in the first 3D Walkthrough Adventure Theme Park Tribhum. This is a really special place and if you and your kids like fairy-tales, you will be amazed, for sure! There are three mystical worlds: The Underwater World, The Magic Forest World and The Silver Mountain World. You can visit them all! Actors are dressed in costumes and are walking and running around the whole park. The characters and decorations are very realistic so you will enjoy your mysterious day there! Tribhum Park is located in Central Phuket Floresta G Floor.
2. How about ice skating while you’re on the tropical island? Here we’re – Ice arena with first-class ice skating facility for all ages and abilities. Don’t worry if your skating skills are not perfect and even if you try to do it for the first time in your life! You can take some beginner lessons or use supporting tools. And of course, ice arena can provide you with skates. Put on warm clothes and welcome to the only winter cold place in Phuket!
3. Visit kids Rawai Park in the south of Phuket for pool foam parties, have fun in playgrounds, join creative workshops every weekend or celebrate main calendar holidays.
Rawai Park is located on the territory of Rawai VIP Villas resort. It has 3 play areas: roofed playground suitable for any weather, airconed indoor kids club and water area. If your kid is under 5 years old – this place is certainly for your family! If you have a plan to spend the whole day in the park – no problem! The park has a good restaurant, shower cabins and places for having rest.
4. Phuket FantaSea offers an evening of entertainment for the whole family. The show performers showcase Thailand deep cultural heritage with laser lights and acrobatic elements. After the show visitors join the largest seafood buffet restaurant Suriyamas.
The show is located in Kamala Beach. Better to book tickets in advance via website or by mobile phone. And also you can order a transfer to pick you up!
5. Baan Teelanka – The UpsideDown House of Phuket is a great spot to show your creativity and make incredible photos. The staff is friendly and can advise you on how to make the craziest photos! But the house itself is not the only entertainment there, come and check it out! This place is on the list of Phuket best Tourist Attractions! It is open for visitors every day.
6. The mini-golf Dino Park includes 18 holes, restaurant with a bar and offers half-day program for family leisure. The design of each hole is narrating about the prehistoric world surrounded by jungle, waterfalls, caves and realistic giant dinosaurs. This is a very good place to go with children. They will be interested 100% because decorations are awesome and moving and roaring Tyrannosaurus rex is on the top of that!
Dino Park is located in Karon, one of the most popular beaches in Phuket. So if you stay in Karon, besides Dino Park you can visit many other places of interest for tourists – bars, restaurants, night markets and of course a beautiful beach.
7. Zorbing Phuket – Rollerball is an all-weather activity, 190 meters hill track (one of the longest tracks in the world!) which you can conquer in a zorb. Zorb is a flexible plastic sphere which can roll down a hill. This is an unusual experience for reasonable prices. You can book your visit in advance via website. Even children can roll down in a zorb because the activity is safe. Guests from 6 to 60 years old are welcome!
8. Splash Jungle Water Park in Mai Khao Beach is a water oasis for the entire family, with attractions, slides, AquaTubes, Slide Tower, Lazy River, and other funny activities according to guest ages. There you can find both crazy slides for those who are not afraid and quiet facilities for spending time even with little children. The park is well maintained and supervised. Sure, there’s a food station too to keep your energy on the right level.
9. “I believe I can fly” – it’s not just a song if you’re in 50FLY Trampoline Club. Сhallenge yourself on a trampoline! Trampoline park offers different jumping zones, squishy cube pool, climbing walls and a range of activities, even kids celebrations. If you are a beginner and want to learn some tricks, you can take a lesson with a couch. Open for all comers from 4 years old. And even if you have kids under 4 years old, there is a special time for toddlers. From Monday to Friday in the morning you can bring little kids and safely jump. And also sessions for big groups of children are available. Good choice for school out activities!
10. Touch the island art and meet creators in Rawai Art Village. It’s a place of talented people – Rawai Artists, who built the village by themselves. Predominantly due to the creation of music, painting, songs. In length of time, simple homes became galleries, all located in Rawai district: Tawan Ook Art Gallery, Love Arts Studio, Rak Lay Gallery, Come Peng Studio and some more.
11. Natural hot springs in Phang Nga for a relaxing day trip nearby Phuket. Hot springs are located on the hotel territory named The Hotspring Beach Resort and Spa. A few natural hot pools with a different temperature around 40 – 45 degrees. Hot springs rich in minerals can improve health, cleanse your skin and make it beautiful, ease tension and fatigue, remove stress. For those who want to stay cool there is a cold water pool with 15 – 18 degrees water. Cold pool also has its benefits. What is more, there is a huge regular pool with a kids zone and slides. Visiting is possible without staying in a hotel.
12. Artstudio Green Grey is open for wheel throwing, sculpture, hand forming, and ceramic painting. Nearby the studio an organic park with fruits & vegetables is located. Here you can create souvenirs, cups, vases with a custom design. Suitable for kids of any age.
13. Gain surfing skills with Surf House Phuket. Safe artificial wave, professional team and endless surfing are suitable for any age, taller than 107 cm. In front of the wave, there is a cafe with Thai and Western cuisine.
Surf House is located in one of the best beaches – Kata Beach, within steps from the beachfront. Kata beach is very beautiful and full of entertainment for tourists. After visiting Surf House you can enjoy the sun at the sandy beach or, if you are already experienced enough, rent a surfboard and conquer the wave!
How to Choose Family Hotel in Phuket?
If you’re on a family trip, choose the right hotel for your stay. What is the right hotel for a family? Here’re some ideas about what is most important:
- The hotel suite must have enough space for everyone, even during kids sleeping mode. So 2 and more rooms is a great option!
- Kitchen! Fully equipped kitchen to prepare a meal for kids is always an easy way to save your time.
- Private area for family fun such as a pool or a terrace.
- Amenities in the hotel such as kids playground, restaurant, spa.
- The location must be quiet and at the same time close to the points of interest which you can reach within 15 minutes. 15 minutes for Phuket is a comfortable timing to reach most places here.
- Car rental service, transfers or taxi in the hotel.
Whatever one may say, family travel means up to 60% of the time spent in the hotel, 15% spent at the beach and another 25% – walking in neighborhoods. It means the hotel should be very convenient for a family stay and have leisure infrastructure for each family member. Rawai VIP Villas hotel is a family pool villas resort in the south of Phuket within steps from beachfront and numbers of restaurants. The resort offers 24h reception, kids park with a restaurant and spa. Fill in the form below to check available pool villa on your dates and make an online booking. If you need any support, please, contact the reservation team: +66-65-893-99-78, firstname.lastname@example.org.